Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Wow, the last few days have been so busy for us that it's really nice to be home on a Sunday afternoon, catching up on laundry and updating our blog.

Let's see, Thursday night Noel and I attended the Juvenile Court Services annual banquet. My mom is on the Advisory Board and made all of the center pieces. This is what she did to display the mums...

Those are paint cans sprayed black , with the images decoupaged onto the surface. The tables also boasted pumpkins, gourds and ornamental corn from Valley Greenery! The banquet was held at our Vocational School, with students from the Culinary Class preparing and serving the meal. I love to see the students involved in things like that!

Friday night, the Indians had a football game at home, so we attended to see Kelsey play in the band and cheer. Don't ask the score. Let's just say, it wasn't our best game. Noel and Alex then headed to the farm to stay the night in preparation of our big fall picnic, while Kelsey and I stayed at the house because Kelsey took the SAT's on Saturday morning and had to be at the school at 7:30 a.m. I cooked the majority of the food on Friday night, which turned out very well given the time constraints we were under for Saturday.

So, the day of the big picnic comes and I was up at 5:45 a.m. I was too nervous that the alarm wasn't going to go off and Kelsey would miss SAT's! After breakfast, we headed out the door and it was raining! I was soooo worried! 48 degrees and raining on the day of our picnic!

It all ended up working out in the end. We had around 55 to 60 people, the food and drink flowed and everyone had a great time. Mother Nature came through and blessed us with a fabulous afternoon of around 60 degrees with some sun. Here's some quick pics taken with my camera phone:

Good food, good friends, good times! We had it all! Of course, after all the preparation, cooking, cleaning and worrying...I felt the need to break into one of our gifts...some wonderful wine from a local winery. THEN it was time to relax!

The party went through the night and wrapped up around midnight. Even Bo, the party animal was exhausted and fell asleep by the campfire:

We all stayed at the farm last night. Poor Kelsey had to leave early this morning to be at work. Noel, Alex and I cleaned up from the picnic and headed home. Now, to prepare for another week of work and school...